30 Nov Open Call / Reading Balkans 2020 / The Literary Residence Programme
The Residency is pre arranged by Reading Balkans project in cooperation with the Publishing House Goga (Slo), Goten Publishing (MK), Krokodil (Srb), Udruga Kurs (Cro), Poeteka (Alb), Qendra Multimedia (Kos), PEN BIH and S. Fischer Stiftung (De) & partners.
The Literary Residence Programme ‘Reading Balkans 2020’ is open to welcome fiction writers, poets, essayists, playwrights, screenplay writers and comic book writers from Southeast Europe (Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia & Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Albania, Romania, Montenegro, Bulgaria).
Reading Balkans project is supported by the EU Creative Europe program.
We are in particular paying attention to writers who are innovative, who in their works deal with contemporary themes and topics.
We will enable the participation of writers of all ages and sexes with a common criterion: that their works reflect topics of migrations, language exile, reconciliation, the role of culture and the importance of dialogue to fight nationalism and intolerance.
For the year 2020, the call for applications is launched for 21 authors. Each residency duration will be 4 weeks. All residencies will be arranged between March 1st 2020 and December 31th.
Number of residencies
|Name of the Host||Country (Town)||Number of residencies|
|Publishing House Goga||Slovenia (Novo mesto)||3|
|Goten Publishing||North Macedonia (Skopje)||3|
|Udruga Kurs||Croatia (Split)||3|
|Qendra Multimedia||Kosovo (Prishtina)||3|
|PEN BIH||Bosnia and Hercegovina (Sarajevo)||3|
The fellowship for the writers will include:
- A 4-week stay in an apartment
- travel costs (up to 150 eur)
- A grant in the amount of 1000 euro gross (approx. 750 net),
- A literary event with the author in the country where the residency will be held
- A translation of one text to be presented at the event (into the language of hosting residency) and a translation of one text into English to be included in the mobile app and to be used in promotional purposes.
The application consists of:
– a bio-bibliography – a short Curriculum vitae and art life, including the list of the works published,
– a recommendation of the publisher or of Writers or Translators Association
– a synopsis of the project to be undertaken during four week staying in residency (max. half page);
– the full address (phone number and email address – max. 2 lines)
The application material should be sent in Croatian, Serbian (latin), Bosnian, English – max. half page;
The deadline for the applications is December 30th, 2019.
The fellowships will be awarded by the Board of Reading Balkans Project.
In case you have additional questions regarding the call please contact us via email: email@example.com
The applicants will be informed about the decision of the jury via email, by Friday, January 17th 2020