03 Dec Eat&Talk 6: Austria
Saturday, December 5th at 19h
KROKODIL Center for modern literature
Karađorđeva street, 43 (the entrance is through Male stepenice)
The event will be taking place only online – broadcasted on our YouTube channel Krokodil Engaging Words – it is required to register via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our favorite Eat&Read program is back for the sixth time. In this edition we are taking you to one of Europe’s leading cultural and culinary capitals. We are celebrating the last month of the year in the spirit of Austria, and on December 5th, we are inviting you to a traditional Eat&Read dinner consisting of carefully selected Viennese delicacies.
Because of the new health and safety measures, the food and all the accompanying content will be delivered to your doorstep, while the discussion repertoire of the evening will be available as a live-stream on our YouTube channel – you’ll receive instruction after signing up.
Our guest of honor is writer and ex-ambassador of Serbia in Austria, Dragan Velikić. The conversation with him and KROKODIL Association’s very own Milica Joksimović will cover three prominent works of literature of this country from the beginning of the 20th century till today:
– “Radetzky March” by Joseph Roth
– “Wittgenstein’s Nephew” by Thomas Bernhard
– “The Cold One” by Robert Schindel
Besides the literary discussion, the conversation will also cover the unique characteristics of this country which for centuries influenced both Serbia and the rest of the region. The musical accompaniment of the event will provide a contrast with voices from Austria’s contemporary avant-garde electronic scene, collected by the Austrian Cultural Forum. Besides this rich content, during eating-breaks, you’ll be able to watch a selection of Austrian short films, also provided by the Austrian Cultural Forum.
The complete menu will consist of three classic dishes, carefully prepared with instructions from the best recipes Austrian culinary art has to offer:
- Rindsuppe mit Leberknödel – traditional Viennese soup with veal liver dumplings
- Tafelspitz – beef steak with root vegetables, hash browns, creamy spinach and apple and horseradish sauce
- Kaiserschmarrn – the favorite dessert of the last Austrian emperor, Franz Joseph
- Almdudler – delicious apple soda with honey and spices
Because of the current epidemiological situation, the Eat&Talk dinner will be organized in a hybrid form. For the price of 1800 dinars, the VIENNESE MENU will be delivered to your home address, accompanied by:
- The link to the live-stream of the event
- A special private Spotify playlist with Austrian music
- A booklet containing three biographies of authors and excerpts from the works we are discussing; as well as an interview with Dragan Velikić and interesting accompanying texts
- The December edition of KROKODIL’s News with announcements of the forthcoming programs and activities
- One book from the KROKODIL’s Common Library series.
Join us in the sixth edition of this culinary-literary attempt to explore with us together the finesses of Austrian culture you might not have had the chance to encounter, or refresh your memories of the best Austria has to offer.
This event is supported by the Austrian Cultural Forum.