11 Sep OPEN CALL: READING BALKANS 2021 – THE LITERARY RESIDENCE PROGRAMME
The Literary Residence Program is a part of the Reading Balkans project, which is a cooperation project of the Publishing House Goga (Slo), Goten Publishing (MK), Krokodil (Srb), Udruga Kurs (Cro), Poeteka (Alb), Qendra Multimedia (Kos), PEN Centre (BIH) and partners.
The Reading Balkans project is supported by the EU Creative Europe program.
The Literary Residence Program within the Reading Balkans project is supported by the TRADUKI network.
The Literary Residence Program ‘Reading Balkans 2021’ is open to welcome fiction writers (M/F), poets, essayists, playwrights, screenplay writers and comic book writers from Southeast Europe (Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, and Slovenia).
The Program in particular pays attention to writers who are innovative, who in their works deal with contemporary themes and topics.
We will enable the participation of writers of all ages and sexes with a common criterion: that their works reflect topics of migrations, language exile, reconciliation, the role of culture and the importance of dialogue to fight nationalism and intolerance.
For the year 2021, the call for applications is launched for 19 authors. The duration of each residency will be 4 weeks. All residencies will be arranged between March 1st and September 30th 2021.
Number of residencies
|Name of the Host||Country (Town)||Number of residencies|
|Publishing House Goga||Slovenia (Novo mesto)||2|
|Goten Publishing||North Macedonia (Skopje)||3|
|Udruga Kurs||Croatia (Split)||2|
|Qendra Multimedia||Kosovo (Prishtina)||3|
|PEN BIH||Bosnia and Hercegovina (Sarajevo)||3|
The fellowship for the writers will include:
- A 4-week stay in an apartment
- travel costs (up to 150 eur)
- A grant in the amount of 1000 euro gross (approx. 750 net),
- A literary event with the author in the country where the residency will be held
- A translation of one text to be presented at the event (into the language of hosting residency) and a translation of one text into English to be included in the mobile app and to be used in promotional purposes.
The application consists of:
– a bio-bibliography – a short Curriculum vitae and art life, including the list of the works published,
– a recommendation of the publisher or of Writers or Translators Association
– a synopsis of the project to be undertaken during four week staying in residency (max. half page);
– the full address (phone number and email address – max. 2 lines)
The application material should be sent in Croatian, Serbian (latin), Bosnian, Slovenian or English;
The deadline for the applications is October 7th, 2020.
The fellowships will be awarded by the Board of the Reading Balkans Project.
In case you have additional questions regarding the call please contact us via email: email@example.com
The applicants will be informed about the decision of the jury via email,
by Friday, October 22th 2021.